Other Irish and St. Patrick’s Day Classic Recipes
- Veg Corned Beef
- Corned Bean Hash
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie this is one of my personal favorites from Moosewood; it’s a bit labor intensive but well worth it.
- Dublin Vegetables (Mashed Carrot and Parsnip)
- Chocolate Stout Cupcakes
- Irish Leek and Potato Soup
Basic Irish Sayings in Gaelic
- Slainte (slaan-chah)
An Irish toast: “Good health!”
- Beannachtai na Feile Padraig (bann-ock-tee na fail-eh pawd-rig)
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day
- Erin go bragh (air-in go braa)
- Gabh mo leithsceal (gav mo lash-keel)
- Nil Gaeilge maith agam (neal ghell-gay mah ah-gum)
I speak very little Irish
- Failte (faill-te)
Welcome (as in welcome to my home).
- Ta failte romhat (taw faill-te rote)
You’re welcome (in response to “thank you”).
- Go raibh maith agat (go rive mah ah-gut)
♣ Copycat McDonald’s Shamrock Shake ♣
Blend 2 cups vanilla dairy-free ice cream, 1 1/4 cups plant milk, 1/4 teaspoon mint extract, 8 drops green food coloring on high speed until smooth.
Recipe via Copycat Mcdonald’s Shamrock Shake – Food.com